If you are in need of a vacation, make your way to the Caribbean! If you’re not ready for colder weather or don’t want to shovel feet of snow out of your driveway, warm sandy beaches are waiting.
As a 15-year Caribbean resident, I see it every year; the first major blizzard occurs in the North East and a week later our island is teaming with visitors who are delighted to be baking in the sun. In fact, many of them speak of never going back to a life of cold winters, which I can personally relate to!
Many visitors prefer to rent a property rather than stay in a hotel. If you are looking for a winter vacation and want to avoid hotels, here are some tips to creating a comfortable home away from home.
Creating a Beachside Vacation Home
Follow this guide to create a vacation home you’ll never want to leave:
- Durability is key. We love Sunbrella fabrics for everything from sofa slipcovers to drapery. They are washable, fade resistant in the sun and at the beach your sofa really does need to be swim suit friendly.
- Outdoor space! Pools, decks and a great grill. When on vacation, time outside is the focus; unplug and get away from devices.
- Very comfortable beds. It’s your week so sleep in if you want to! High quality mattresses and luxurious sheets will keep you rested and energized to explore the island.
- Blackout drapery. I really can’t say enough about sleep here. Travelers often need to sleep in; the blackout really helps! If traveling with a young family, everyone has a better week if the kids can nap comfortably!
- Games and movies. In the tropics it can rain heavily occasionally. Just in case, be prepared to spend a day inside and have some fun things to do!
You may have found your rental property, but you may want to add personal touches to your new home. Contact me today to help you find décor that will give your vacation life and make your stay as comfortable as possible.
About Lagnappe Custom Interiors:
Lagnappe Custom Interiors is a full-service interior design firm specializing in bringing the small niceties to a home or commercial space that make it memorable, functional and yours. Based out of St. Thomas, Lagnappe [LAN-YAP] is led by Tiffany Cassidy who enjoys working with clients to create a home that reflects their style and needs. Tiffany marries her artistic and scientific sides together to bring the residents of the Virgin Islands and continental U.S. an interior decorating service that manages the complex and turns it into beauty. Her goal is to not only make a home prettier, but in doing so, make your life better. Visit www.Lagnappe.com for more information.